Type of Data Collected or Used
iATS collects personally identifiable information from a merchant, when a merchant registers for an iATS merchant account. The information iATS receives is limited to only that which is relevant to fulfill its intended payment transaction processing purpose, billing facilitation, and payment service delivery.
iATS does not acquire PII directly from consumers on the Site. Our web site is not directed at persons under the age of 18 and iATS does not knowingly collect or maintain information on our Web site from persons under the age of 18.
The below information provides you with the various types of data collected and the collection reason:
• Contact informationName, Street address, E-mail address, and Telephone numberThe above contact information is required for payment transaction processing, billing facilitation, and payment service delivery. The information may also be used to communicate sales and marketing information.
• Business Payment informationBank account and routing number, and Credit card informationThe above payment information is required to fulfill the payment services requested, upon registering for an iATS merchant account.
• Web cookie (small text files stored on users’ computers)iATS may also use “cookies” to help track and customize access and use of the Site. Cookies store and retain information that helps us recognize individuals when they return to the Site following a previous visit. Most popular Internet browser packages allow one to configure the browser so as not to accept cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies may, in certain instances, prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site and the materials, products, and or services that are available on the Site.
• Non-personal metadata The purposes for which this type of information is collected and used includes Site operation facilitation, system administration, aggregate generation, non-identifiable statistical information, Site traffic monitoring, analyzing, usage patterns, and improving the content and content delivery with regard to the Site and its content, materials, opportunities, and services that are described or available on the Site.
Information Sharing and or Disclosure
iATS shares PII with third parties, such as, banks, credit card processors and or business partners, only to the extent which is necessary to fulfill the requested payment processing services acquired by a merchant.
iATS will disclose personally identifiable information, to a third party only when:
(1) You, as a merchant, have provided your prior consent to do so(2) Sharing the information is required, to fulfill the product and or service requested, by you, the merchant.(3) The Third party works on behalf of iATS, to fulfill the product and or service requested, by you, the merchant.
If we were to engage in any onward transfers of your data with third parties for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized, iATS would provide you with an opt-out choice to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data.
iATS also may be required to disclose PII in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. iATS is also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
iATS’s accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, iATS remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless iATS proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Transfer of Personal Information in the Event Of Sale of iATS or Its Assets
OPT Out / OPT In, Data Disclosure
Upon registering for a service, iATS provides merchants with an opt-out or opt-in choice before we share data with any third parties that are not agents of iATS, or before the data is used for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized.
You may opt out of disclosing certain PII to iATS. However, in doing so we may not be able to provide you the services that you are requesting.
• Merchants are solely responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that the PII information provided to iATS is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and authorized by the consumer and or any other person for whom you share PII with iATS. The information shared with us, should only be that which you have obtained appropriate consent and authorization from the applicable consumer. You, the merchant, choose the individuals information that is supplied to iATS, what inquiries are sent to us, whether or not, you wish to receive further information from iATS, and how you wish future communications be delivered to you. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate.
Right to Access
iATS acknowledges that EU individuals have the right to access the personal information/data that we maintain about them. An EU individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct his query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Phone - 888-955-5455 (Option 1)Email - firstname.lastname@example.orgMail - ATTN: Customer Service1188 West Georgia St. Suite 600Vancouver, BC, V6E 4A2, Canada
iATS has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Effective Date - 3/26/2019