Nov 1, 2016
Are you interested in writing an article for the iATS blog?
If you have an educational topic you’d like to write about for the iATS blog, send your submission ideas to Blake Mayes, who coordinates guest blogging, to discuss your topic and make arrangements.
Keep in mind, the iATS blog is dedicated to featuring quality, educational articles covering topics related to the nonprofit and fundraising fields. We’re looking for pieces of thought leadership that will stand out from the crowd and help our readership learn a new skill or hone an existing technique.
Here’s a rundown of our general guidelines:
- Articles of substance — We’re looking for writing that delivers sound advice in a clear and accessible style. The primary goal of the blog is education, and articles should be written accordingly.
- Careful editing — iATS reserves the right to make final edits on any submitted content to ensure it fits the needs and standards of the blog. Additionally, any guest-authored article on the blog will go through a round of proofreading after submission and prior to publishing.
- Appropriate length — In order to thoroughly cover a topic, we advise that submissions are 850+ words when possible.
- Variety of links — Any links you include should be to educational materials—please nothing overtly promotional (such as a downloadable resource). We're open to including up to 3 links back to your site within any article you write. We also ask that you include 2-3 links to iATS Payments content and links to educational content on third-party sites, where applicable.
- Original and purchased images/graphics — We’re happy to include images in any articles you submit. However, please make sure you have the licenses/permissions to reprint any graphics or images you include. If you don't have images, that's okay, too; they're not required.
- Author bios — Send any byline and author bio information along with your article so that we can give you credit! Typically, our author bios include the author's name, position, company, and any relevant background.
Would you like a member of the iATS team to write for your blog?
iATS team members regularly guest blog on other sites within the industry. If you’re interested in a contribution from iATS, please reach out to Blake Mayes (Blake.Mayes@iatspayments.com) to make arrangements.
Learn more about the iATS article authors!
Mike Kim, Partner Account Manager, iATS Payments
With over 10 years of experience in ecommerce, point-of-sale, and payments, Mike is responsible for strengthening and growing the partner ecosystem through strategic alliances. Since joining iATS in July 2014, he’s successfully fostered relations with over 20 partners and executed countless joint initiatives to enhance the way they work with iATS. In his spare time, Mike is the IT director and worship team leader at his local church.
Patricia O’Connor, Partner Account Manager, iATS Payments
Patricia joined iATS Payments in March 2015 with a sales and tech background in industries as diverse as point-of-sale and renewable energy and as electrifying as parking payment technology. At iATS, Patricia’s sole focus is building relationships with industry-leading solution providers so our nonprofit clients can select the very best tools to fulfill their mission. Patricia lives in Vancouver (the best place on earth) and loves spending time outdoors, reading, and looking up obscure things on the Internet.
Have additional questions?
If you’re interested in guest blogging with iATS Payments and you have any questions, please send them directly to Blake Mayes.